There are no major airports in South Tyrol, but Bozen and Meran are well connected to the near airports in, for example, Verona or Bergamo. There are special offers for combined tickets for a plane to Verona and a charter bus to Meran. Getting from Verona Airport to St. Martin by car takes about 2 1/2 hours (the autostrada toll on this stretch is about 12-15€).
The nearest train station is in Meran/Merano. To get there from other major European train hubs, you'll probably have to change in Bozen/Bolzano or Brenner/Brennero. From Meran you can take the bus or hire a car.
There is a bus service from Meran every hour or so, which takes about half an hour.
Online timetable (German only)
- The main road from Meran through the Passeier valley passes directly along the village and goes on to St. Leonhard and over the mountain passes.
- You can rent a car, for example at the Verona airport or in Bozen or Meran.
- There is a bus service from Meran every hour or so, which takes about half an hour.
- There is an excellent network of bike and foot paths in the valley.
- The village itself is small enough to get around on foot.
- The next villages up and down the valley are each about 3-5 kilometers away.